How To Make Proats? (High Protein Breakfast)
Proats, also known as protein oats, is a simple and delicious meal that combines oats and protein powder to create a nutritious and exciting breakfast packed with energy. This quick and easy meal is lower in calories than traditional breakfasts like pancakes and bacon but provides the same satisfaction. With just a few ingredients, you can whip up a delicious and healthy breakfast in no time! Let’s discuss in detail how to make proats at home.
Ingredients Needed For Proats
To make proats, you’ll need a combination of oatmeal and protein powder. Oats provide complex carbohydrates to keep you full and fueled throughout the day, while protein powder helps with muscle growth and repair. For one serving, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- ¼ cup of oats. This recipe is best made with old-fashioned oats, but quick oats can be used as a substitute if you’re in a hurry.
- 1 scoop of protein powder (around 25-30 grams of protein). You can use any type of protein powder, such as plant-based or whey protein, and any flavor you prefer.
- 1 cup of liquid (milk or non-dairy milk). Consider using Greek yogurt for an extra protein boost. This will increase the protein content and provide an excellent source of probiotics.
Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy breakfast or an after-workout snack, proats are perfect. They provide complex carbohydrates to keep you full throughout the day while providing essential protein to help with muscle growth and repair. With various add-ins available, they can be customized to fit any taste preference. So why not give them a try today? You won’t regret it!
Step By Step Instructions For Proats
Here is a step-by-step guide to the recipe for proats:
- Begin by heating a non-stick skillet over medium heat and adding in your choice of almond butter or oil.
- Once warmed up, add the oats and occasionally stir until they become lightly browned and fragrant.
- Next, pour in your liquid of choice and reduce the heat to low medium.
- Stir the mixture for about two minutes before adding your desired toppings, such as cinnamon, banana slices, or dark chocolate flavor.
- Continue stirring for another three to four minutes until everything is combined and heated.
Your proats are now ready to be enjoyed! Serve them hot with additional toppings like chopped nuts, fresh fruits, hemp, flax, chia seeds, nut butters, or granola. Additionally, you can store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to three days and reheat them when you’re ready to enjoy them again.
No matter how you choose to top your proats, they are sure to be a delicious and nutritious treat that will start your day on the right foot!
Additionally, you can add optional ingredients and toppings such as:
- Apple slices.
- Berries (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries).
- Chocolate chips.
- Chocolate sauce.
- Chia seeds.
- Coconut flakes.
- Sweeteners (honey, maple syrup, stevia, etc.)
- Spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, etc.)
Other Delicious Ways To Eat Your Proats
Adding a few extra ingredients to your proats can give them tons of flavors and a boost! Here are some delicious ideas for spicing up your breakfast:
- Peanut Butter And Banana Proats: Top your bowl of proats with mashed banana, peanut butter, and honey for a protein-packed start to the day.
- Caramel Apple Proats: Add diced apples, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and drizzle caramel syrup over your oat mixture before cooking.
- Coconut Chia Proats: Mix in a spoonful of chia seeds and shredded coconut with your oats before heating them. Add dried cranberries or walnuts if desired.
- Mint And Chocolate Proats: Top your proats with a spoonful of dark chocolate chips, mint extract, and honey.
- Strawberry Banana Proats: Add small pieces of banana and diced strawberries to the oat mixture before cooking. Add a sprinkle of nutmeg or ground ginger if desired.
- Pumpkin Spice Proats: Mix in a tablespoon of pumpkin puree, cinnamon, and nutmeg for an autumn-inspired breakfast treat.
- Blueberry Muffin Proats: Combine fresh or frozen blueberries, lemon zest, and crumbled graham crackers into your oats before cooking for a delicious muffin flavor!
- Maple Walnut Proatsl: Top your proats with chopped walnuts, a spoonful of maple syrup, and a sprinkle of sea salt for added flavor.
- Caramel Crunch Proats: Melt a few tablespoons of caramel sauce into your oats before cooking for an irresistible crunchy-sweet treat.
- Chocolate Coconut Proats: Add shredded coconut, cocoa powder, and honey to your oat mixture before heating it for a rich chocolate flavor!
No matter what combination you choose, proats make the perfect breakfast to keep you full and energized all morning!